Saturday, November 20, 2010
Rachel Getting Married
Just watched this movie. It's one of the most honest portrayals of a family coping with addiction I've seen. More specifically, of a family dealing with what happens after getting sober (cause in so many ways, that's just the beginning of the story). It really made me appreciate everyone I know who has dealt with addiction, and attempted to forge a life for themselves and re-establish family connections. I love you and admire you.
Not to mention, it has the coolest wedding ever!
If you haven't seen it, do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I watched this when it first came out and I don't think I liked it. Maybe I need to watch it again.
I think I liked it so much because I got a better understanding of how much pressure the people around someone trying to stay sober and how big of a challenge our "loving" them can become.
Post a Comment