Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Part I

Tomorrow is the big work Thanksgiving extravaganza (potluck in the conference room) and somehow, even though I am still not a member of the party planning committee, I end up making both the mashed potatoes & gravy and sweet potatoes. Also, I need to be sure to bring both jellied and whole cranberry sauce (cause certain co-workers just have to have one or the other) and take care of decorations. Yes it is 3 am and I am just now finishing the prep work--over 10 pounds of potatoes, cream, butter, yams, apples, sugar, etc. later. Somewhere in this insanity I had a thought that I should make homemade cranberry sauce, but then it dawned on me. . .this is for work. I should have bought a box of spuds, canned yams, and canned gravy and called it good. Oh well. Here's a picture of the yams with granny smith apples and an orange glaze. I hope it turns out; I've never tried this in a slow cooker before.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So how the hell did you get roped in to doing all that? And why are you not on the party planning committee? Oh, and how did it all turn out?

Amber said...

It turned out really well after all. I think everyone just knows that I can never say no so they ask. The party planning committee has become more official and management designates people for the year, then next year it will Change. I think everyone got burnt out on having to do it every time.