Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh and get this!

So Kim turned me on a few years ago to the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon. It's kind of a weird story but basically this chick falls into some rocks in Scotland and gets transported back in time by 200 years where she meets sexy highlander and steaminess ensues. Well, after 4 years the latest installment was finally released. I re-read the whole series (6 books not counting the newest one) and bought the new book. It was a great book but I think she forgot to write the last 100 pages. It just ended!! Literally. People were in the middle of conversations, noting was resolved and story lines were just started. I totally get having a cliff hanger or two, but EVERYTHING in the WHOLE DAMN BOOK!! WTF!!! Well, me being the eternally annoying optimist I figured she was quickly developing the next book and it would be out soon. Oh no, on her website the author makes no promises but she expects it to take about 2 1/2 to 3 years to write the next one. Is it really that damn hard? You already started the storylines. Did you just release this book because you didn't know what else to do and this way you could buy yourself a few more years of dragging it out. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm really glad I never got far past the first book. I have some more books you should read-I'll bring them next time I come up there.

Amber said...

I'm always up for new books. Good think is I have a few lined up that I haven't gotten to yet.