Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun and games at the Fellowship Hall

So, I have a relative that recently started attending AA. He's at like 45 days of sobriety now which is really cool since it's been about 5 years since the last time that could be said. Anyways, Tyler and I got talked into spending Saturday at their Casino Night. We bought in for $5 and played blackjack for about 2 hours. By the way, Blackjack is really easy when you know the dealer and he shows you his cards. It is not, however, easy if the dealer is blind and spills coffee all over you. I guess that's my bad for putting it on the table. After the games were over, we cashed in our chips for raffle tickets and I won! I did not win the 95 Rodeo that was looking pretty sweet or the LCD TV but I did win a sleeping bag. Woo Hoo!! I won something!! Tyler tried talking me into giving it back though. Way to rain on my parade. I know giving it back would have been nice, but the guys who won 13 Going on 30 kept theirs. Damnit I won the sleeping bag-I'm keeping it!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the Hall!!!! I have spent many hours there. Is it still as scummy as ever? Ahhh . . . memories!

Amber said...

OH-I forgot to mention that it used to be a pizza parlor in the 80s and Tyler's parents owned it. (The little German pizza delivery boy is still on the sign outside.)
He kept telling me how it brought back memories of hanging out on a Saturday morning watching cartoons on the big TV while they made pizza.

Amber said...

It is slightly scummy.

Camille said...

I would have kept it too...I never win either...
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BAG GIRL!!!